From childhood I was raised with different sports in mind which I have grown to love like, tennis and football. And I was successful at it, well not the football part but with tennis, I was a machine. (^_^) I was totally dominating. But then there came a time where I had to go out of my kingdom and face tougher challenges, which proved to be the best fail that ever happened to me. I got beat by a freaking kid. It made me realize an important lesson, there will always be the time when someone will be better than you at something so just do and try your best always. Then came high school and basketball was the focus of my attention. So I started to play and get better at it but, I never got to play because I was to scared to even try out. So I just played casually as if I did not even want to play the game. Then came college. I remember the first time I ever wore a jersey and play against different years, against the seniors and sophomores. We lost terribly going to our third year in college with a record of 0-5 we were motivated to get even just one win. We played the best game of our lives against the team we thought would be an easy target. We hacked and clawed our way to victory (not literally). We were so proud of ourselves that we got one. One win was enough to solidify our bond as a team and as friends. Until now most of us may not say it but maybe we would still remember the sound of the whistle signifying the end of the game and our first victory together. There will always be someone better than you at something. But we tried our best and persevered and finally got the sweet, sweet victory. I love playing with the guys and I love being with them it makes me feel like the whole world is ours and we can do anything.
The best years of my life so far have been with my friends, teammates and brothers. Thank you Journboys and Broadbums. Whatever happens I'll never forget you all. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment